The full-time Pastor of Worship and Media Arts is called by God to follow a Christian life of discipleship, using their God-given gifts to carry out the vision of the church. He will lead, shepherd, and equip the music and production teams to execute weekly worship experiences & special events at Wayne Hills. He will have the ability to select theologically sound content for a diverse congregation that enjoys both traditional and contemporary music. He will function as a part of the Pastoral Staff and will also oversee Wayne Hill’s media efforts.
1. The Pastor of Worship and Media Arts will become a member (Active) of the Wayne Hills Baptist Church family and will be full agreement with our statements of Faith and Vision. The Worship Pastor shall adhere to the worship ministry vision as laid out by the Senior Pastor.
2. Serve as an integral part of the staff of WHBC and give full support to the leadership role of the Senior Pastor.
3. Direction of the worship ministry (praise team and adult music program) and attendance at the regular Sunday morning service(s) is required.
4. In addition, it is necessary that the worship leader begin preparations for the morning service by bringing the worship team together for midweek practices and pre-service rehearsal(s).
5. The worship team shall consist of those singing and playing congregational music during the Sunday morning services. This will include coordinating with a worship team that is diverse and that is made up of those singing in choir like formations and praise team orientations on any given Sunday. Musical content will be a blend and balance of traditional and contemporary songs (Psalms, Hymns, Spiritual Songs)
6. Make all necessary arrangements for and / or produce and direct all church special music programs for the following: Produce and direct at least two special music programs per year. (Examples: Easter and Christmas Cantatas) Encourage music specials consisting of solo presentations, duets, trios, or other group presentations from “in church” people. He will also coordinate outside music groups as the budget allows. Availability to coordinate music for funerals, weddings, and other (official) church functions.
7. The Worship Pastor will serve as a resource for leaders of the Youth and Children’s Music Programs.
8. He will coordinate with other staff and volunteer leaders musical support for outreach to the community if needed.
9. Manage the worship budget working alongside senior pastor
10. Develop the leadership of worship team members to include volunteer assistant(s) leader who can lead practices and rehearsals in the absence of the worship leader.
1. Assist Pastoral Staff in planning promotional efforts for upcoming events, etc.
2. Oversee the church’s online presence (website, app, social media, livestream etc)
3. Oversee in-house production of videos for promotion, training, Sunday services, etc
4. Basic knowledge of production systems - sound, lighting, projection, and live video, and stage setup.
1. Meets qualifications of an elder in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 & models a Christian walk
2. Lead in various pastoral responsibilities upon request of the Senior Pastor.
3. Provide regular reports to the Elders, Deacons, Personnel Committee or other leadership bodies as directed by the Senior Pastor.
4. Intentionally disciple teams, helping them to grow closer to Christ and leading them to worship Him more fully.
5. Develop the adult music program as directed by the Senior Pastor.
6. Participate in staff meetings as arranged by the Senior Pastor and staff.
7. Coordinate church music for all regularly scheduled services and review with the Senior Pastor.
8. Exercise Biblical stewardship in managing ministry budgets
9. Notify the Church Secretary no later than Wednesday morning for timely inclusion of music selections and articles for the church bulletin.
10. Direct the musicians, and sound room technicians in the special support functions they contribute to the music program.
11. Familiarity with Planning Center software is preferred.
12. Perform other responsibilities that may from time to time be requested by the Senior Pastor or other senior leadership.
Compensation package will be commensurate with experience and education. The salary will range between $45,000-50,000.