Liberty Baptist Church is in search of a full-time Worship/Associate Pastor. This position will be responsible for planning, conducting and promoting the music and worship programs of the church as well assist the Lead Pastor to carry out the ministry vision of the church. This individual will be under the direct supervision of the Lead Pastor and will be responsible to the Elders.
The primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following.
1. Direct the planning, organizing, conducting, and evaluating of a comprehensive music program including, choirs, praise teams and other vocal and/or instrumental ensembles.
2. Work in collaboration with the Lead Pastor in planning all worship services.
3. Conduct the congregational singing at all worship services.
4. Conduct weekly rehearsals for the Liberty Worship Choir and other praise teams as needed.
5. Prepare for worship including folder preparation, screen preparation, stage set-up and clean up.
6. Keep informed on music methods and materials through music research.
7. Arrange and provide music for weddings, funerals, special events and other church-related activities upon request.
8. Maintain music library, choral library and praise team library materials, supplies, musical instruments and other equipment.
9. Prepare an annual music and worship budget for approval. Administrate approved budget.
10. Assist in the organization of church wide events/outreach initiatives for the purpose of outreach and evangelism.
11. Fill in for Pulpit up to 8 times a year.
12. Aid in organizing the Sunday School/Group administration (with a goal of growing toward 550 in Sunday School/groups)
13. Aid/organize in personal visitation program
14. Develop relationship with families in the congregation that facilitate organic fellowship among families
15. Lead in follow-up with new guest and prospects
16. Aid/Lead in funerals, weddings
17. Assist in managing staff and volunteers
18. Aid in the development and execution of outreach programs
19. Aid in the execution of church programs and events
Core Competencies for Pastors
Motivates, empowers, inspires, collaborates with and encourages others. Stretches people to try new skills and accept new levels of responsibility. Understands personal leadership style and temperament type and adapts leadership behaviors to meet the needs of the situation. Creates and communicates vision, direction and goals for the pastoral staff.
Self-Motivated and Accountable:
Demonstrates initiative and creativity in one’s ministry balanced with accountability; understands what the position requires and does it without prodding but also seeks guidance and feedback from supervisor and church leadership.
Demonstrates the skills of active listening and openly accepts criticism. (Feedback is a gift.) Productively engages and resolves interpersonal conflict. Holds others accountable in a spirit of love. Engages people positively, with a demeanor of optimism and abundance.
Demonstrates a commitment to working collegially with different types of people, members and staff, for the good of the church’s ministry. Accepts personal responsibility. Performs work in a timely, consistent manner.
Demonstrates ability to plan and manage multiple programs, including conception, oversight, safety, logistics, record keeping, reporting and evaluation. Is able to follow administrative practices necessary to interface with other staff and programs.
Demonstrates awareness and is intentional of meeting the expectations of the Church, Personnel Committee and Elders regarding interactions with staff and church community. Understands and accepts that staff has been set apart for God’s purpose. Demonstrates humility; teachability, accountability and servant leadership in all relationships. Seeks to build up the Body of Christ in all conversations whether formal or informal and reflects the love of Christ and a love for one another.
Communicates well both verbally and in writing. Effectively conveys and shares information and ideas with others. Listens carefully and understand various viewpoints. Presents ideas clearly and concisely and understands relevant detail in presented information. Effectively and productively engages with others and establishes trust, credibility and confidence with others.
Demonstrates understanding and full support of the mission, vision, values and beliefs of Liberty Baptist Church and can teach those values to others. Possesses the ability to define issues and focus on achieving workable solutions consistent with the fulfillment of church mission and consistent with the church’s ministry process.
-Agreement and observance of the Southern Baptist Faith and Message
-Born again Christian, servant-hearted, with a genuine passion for worship, music, and Christian unity
-Bachelor’s degree or higher (preferred)
-Ability to sing, read, and teach music
-Ability to understand and appreciate the full range of musical styles, both traditional and contemporary
-Ability to lead musical groups
-Ability to take direction and work as a team member
-Knowledge of Planning Center (preferred)
Commensurate with experience and education