The Crosslink Kids Ministry Assistant is a part-time hourly staff position that will assist in the implementation of the mission and vision of the children’s ministry of Crosslink Community Church. The primary focus will be on assisting with the coordination and direction of Sunday morning ministries as well as assisting with the development and implementation of other major Crosslink Kids initiatives. Reporting to the Director of Family & Community Outreach Ministries, the Ministry Assistant will coordinate closely with the Office Ministry team as needed. This role requires flexibility and involvement on Sunday.
Curriculum & Resource Coordination (in conjunction with Office Ministry Assistant Team)
• Evaluate curriculum and resource-related processes making recommendations to improvements, updates, etc.
• Ensure purchasing needs are met
• Distribute curriculum-related resources to classrooms, volunteers, storage locations, etc.
• Coordinate with weekday volunteers related to curriculum and resource needs/purchasing, etc.
• Coordinate with teachers/assistants related to curriculum
• Assist with recruitment and training of volunteers
• Develop/maintain age-appropriate classroom/small group environments including furniture, toys, decorations, etc. making recommendations to the Children’s Ministry Director related to improvements and updates
• Ensure safe and effective operation of resources in classrooms
• Ensure classrooms are equipped with age-appropriate resources and materials
• Organize/maintain classroom storage locations
• Assist with Sunday morning set-up/oversight of the Children’s Ministry each week
• Assist with volunteer recruitment and training
• Assist with VBS and other special events
Skills & Qualifications:
• Growing relationship with Jesus Christ
• Member of Crosslink or willing to become a member upon employment
• Loyal and accountable to the Crosslink purpose, mission and vision
• Passionate about children’s ministry
• High level of proficiency/expertise with a variety of technology, both hardware and software, including:
o Hardware: PC laptops/desktops, iMac, iPad, wireless printers, etc.
o Software: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), PDF editor
o Ability to navigate comfortably between desktop, server, and web-based applications and related operating systems
• Ability to flourish in a high-paced, rapidly-changing environment
• Stewardship minded, organized, detail-oriented, self-thinker & self-motivated
• Fun, creative, flexible, and people-oriented
• Up to 30 hours per week, including Sundays
• Occasional work required outside of the normal schedule based on ministry needs, etc.
Compensation: Negotiable, based on qualifications and experience.