The Go and Tell Pastor is responsible for championing, leading, directing, and developing the mission’s ministry at FBCW, alongside other leaders. Areas of responsibility include evangelism, outreach, local, national, and global missions. These primary responsibilities will directly connect FBCW’s mission to be a Great Commission church that is passionate about making disciples of Jesus that make other disciples of Jesus, with intentional missional strategies in alignment with FBCW’s vision to “Go and Tell” (Matthew 28:16-20, Acts 1:8).
CORE COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
The individual filling this position must possess the following skills, abilities, and attitudes to perform in this position:
MISSIONAL EXPOSURE – Sufficient missional exposure/experience through local outreach, short-term trip experiences, and/or cross-cultural field experience. Preferably 5 years of experience.
MISSIONS TRAINING – On-field training, or academic training. (Seminary, Perspectives, 4 Fields, etc…)
HIGHLY RELATIONAL – This position will require a candidate that is a “people person.” While all ministry requires genuine love for God’s people, this position will necessitate a personality that will want to engage our community, the lost, and our church family in a very personal manner.
LEADING AND EQUIPPING – This position will require a natural leader who is not timid regarding leading from “out front.” The Go and Tell Pastor will need to be a self-motivated, spiritually mature, driven, a leader who seeks to train and equip others to fulfill the missional vision of the church. Team building of volunteers, equipping leaders, and networking with others are vital for this role.
GOOD COMMUNICATOR – This position will require a healthy amount of verbal communication. Considering the relative newness, unfamiliarity, and initial excitement with local outreach and missions among the body of believers, a creative, effective, and entrepreneurial leader, and communicator will be needed to motivate and generate additional interest.
SPIRITUAL GIFTS – Leadership, shepherding, evangelism, teaching, and discernment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (not limited to)
– Develop and cast a vision for the outreach efforts of FBCW with direction from the Senior Pastor, in conjunction with leading the Missions Ministry Team to implement local, national, and global missions/outreach strategies.
– Equip, educate, and train FBCW congregants to serve in areas of outreach, missions, and evangelism. Shape and promote the premises and purposes for the church.
– Network with outreach, missional partners including sending agencies, local churches/ministries, national workers, and indigenous churches to broaden relationships within this ministry. Work to identify strategic partnerships to help accomplish the mission and vision.
– Champion missions, outreach, “Go and Tell” opportunities among FBCW staff and senior leadership to deepen burden and passion among the church. Lead the missions ministry team to shape, promote, and create additional opportunities to minister to FBCW’s work in our city.
– Develop a communications strategy and coordinate new opportunities for FBCW congregants to get involved with missions across multiple platforms with a cohesive message.
– Connect with FBCW missionaries and partners around the globe regularly. Oversee and manage short-term missions opportunities so they contribute to ongoing missions priorities, while also encouraging long-term missionaries.
– Maintain awareness of current trends of outreach/missions to help keep FBCW on the leading edge of ministry.
$60,000 – $70,000, plus benefits