The music director and worship leader is a faithful, committed, and growing follower of Christ who will lead and continually develop the music ministry for Liberty Baptist Church, and will assist the pastor in edifying the church body through corporate worship services.
- Be a member of Liberty Baptist Church, in doctrinal agreement with the Baptist Faith & Message (2000).
- Have an ability to sing and read music.
- Read scripture and research music to support message topics, selecting a blend of traditional hymns and contemporary praise songs for our multi-generational church family.
- Lead congregational singing during worship services in a genuine way that draws people in and encourages them to participate in worship of the Lord.
- Provide lyrics for display on screens, and hymnals or song sheets with lyrics when necessary.
- Lead and direct weekly worship team and/or adult choir rehearsals and performances.
- Select and purchase music (including accompaniment sheets, charts, and practice CDs or audio files) for the worship team and/or adult choir
[Note: Provide the accompaniment selections to instrumentalist(s) at least three (3) days prior to the date of the worship service.]
- Research and select appropriate music for special events and services such as Easter, Homecoming, Christmas, and revivals, as well as schedule additional practices as needed.
- Provide the A/V team with the music and schedule for all worship services.
- Organize, maintain, and update the music library.
- Supervise and evaluate all salary paid instrumentalists, coordinating schedules and ensuring appropriate provision of instrumental music during worship services.
- Maintain the church’s musical instruments, and ensure tuning and upkeep.
- Work with individual soloists and ensembles, ensuring music content and quality will be appropriate, doctrinally sound, and edifying.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Give quarterly reports at church business meetings.
- Submit monthly church newsletter content when helpful and/or necessary.
- Prepare the music ministry budget annually and oversee expenditures.
- Provide purchase orders and invoices to the church treasurer for all items purchased for the music ministry.
- Assist as needed with weddings and funerals.
- Recruit and develop new servants for the music ministry so that others are equipped to lead in the absence of the music director (e.g., during vacations, illnesses, etc.).
$20/hour, up to 20 hours a week