• Initially part-time ($60,000/30 hours)
o The goal will be to develop this new position over the course of the first year and increase to a full-time position in year two.
The “Go and Tell” Pastor is responsible for championing, leading, directing and developing the missions ministry at FBCW, alongside other leaders. This would span areas such as evangelism, outreach, local, national, and global missions. These primary responsibilities will directly connect FBCW’s mission to be a Great Commission church that is passionate about making disciples of Jesus that make other disciples of Jesus, with intentional missional strategies in alignment with FBCW’s vision to “Go and Tell” (Matthew 28:16-20, Acts 1:8).
The individual filling this position must possess the following skills, abilities, and attitudes in order to perform in this position:
• MISSIONAL EXPOSURE
o Sufficient missional exposure/experience through local outreach, short-term trip experiences and/or cross-cultural field experience.
o Preferably 5 years of experience.
• MISSIONS TRAINING
o On-field training, or academic training such as Seminary, Perspectives, etc. – ideally both.
• HIGHLY RELATIONAL
o This position will require a candidate that is a “people person.” While all ministry requires genuine love for God’s people, this position will necessitate a personality that will want to engage our community, the lost, and our church family in a very personal manner.
• LEADING AND EQUIPPING
o This position will require a natural leader who is not timid regarding leading from “out front.” The “Go and Tell” Pastor will need to be a self-motivated, spiritually mature, driven – a goal-oriented leader who seeks to train and equip others to fulfill the missional vision of the church. Team building of volunteers, equipping of leaders and networking with others is vital for this role.
• GOOD COMMUNICATOR
o This position will require a very healthy amount of verbal communication. Considering the relative newness, unfamiliarity, and initial excitement with local outreach and missions among the body of believers, a creative, effective and entrepreneurial leader, and communicator will be needed to motivate and generate interest and passion.
• Develop and cast a vision for the missions and outreach efforts of FBCW with direction from the Senior Pastor, in conjunction with leading the Missions Ministry Team to implement local, national, and global missions/outreach strategies.
• Equip, educate and train FBCW congregants to serve in areas of outreach, missions, and evangelism. Shape and promote the premises and purposes for the mission in the church.
• Network with outreach, missional partners including sending agencies, local churches/ministries, national workers and indigenous churches to broaden relationships within this ministry. Work to identify strategic partnerships to help accomplish the mission and vision.
• Champion missions, outreach, “Go and Tell” opportunities among FBCW staff and senior leadership to deepen burden and passion among the church. Lead the missions ministry team to shape, promote and create additional opportunities to minister to FBCW’s work in our city.
• Develop a communications strategy and communicate new opportunities for FBCW congregants to get involved with missions across multiple platforms with a cohesive message.
• Connect with and visit FBCW missionaries and partners around the globe periodically and systematically. Oversee and manage short term missions opportunities so they contribute to on-going mission’s priorities, while also encouraging long-term missionaries.
• Maintain awareness of current trends of outreach/missions to help keep FBCW on the leading edge of ministry.
Compensation: $60,000 (30 hours) (Initially part-time, but aim for full-time by year two)
Church Website: http://www.visitfbcw.org/