Impact Church of Northern Virginia is a Christ-centered and sent church that seeks to make disciples, develop leaders, and plant churches. We are seeking a pastoral intern that desires to be discipled and trained to create more disciples and potentially lead a future church plant.
Our goals are:
To prepare the pastoral intern for full time ministry work with high focus on church planting, leadership development, and discipleship making.
To mentor and disciple the pastoral intern to increase clarity of his calling, strengthen character and competencies, and to work along Gospel-centered communities to fulfill the vision of Impact Church.
– Be willing to work toward fulfilling assessments and requirements from the North American Mission Board and SBC of Virginia
– Become a covenant member of Impact Church
– Work under the direction of the elders of Impact Church
– Potentially work toward satisfying Impact Church requirements for ordination as a pastor
– Complete assessments and reviews every 6 months
– Report directly to the lead pastor of Impact Church monthly for accountability
– Lead a community group under the vision of Impact Church
– Preach quarterly and prepare and preach at least one sermon series
– Assist in networking and partnership development with the lead pastor
– Oversee Serve Team leaders and volunteers
– Fulfill weekly administrative duties
– Potentially serve overseas in missions (when applicable)
– Has a clear desire to raise and multiple disciples
– Shows existing and growing characteristics of biblical leadership as shown in 1 Timothy 3
– Clear testimony grounded in Christ and is able to articulate a calling towards leadership or is willing to grow and learn under leadership to receive clarity in this calling
– Willingness to show trust in the Lord by stepping out of comfort zones, meeting new people, executing new ideas, and traveling to new places.
– Is able to drive
Competitive and negotiable, based on experience and references