Ministry Description and Requirements
Palestine Baptist Church - Full-time Worship Director/Pastor
Palestine Baptist Church (PBC) is a Christ-centered growing Baptist church where you will find love, acceptance, support and relevant truths from the Bible. PBC is real people connecting with one another, walking through real life together and discovering God in real ways. No matter where you’ve been or where you’re going, what you have or what you’re missing, PBC has a place for you. We are located in Huddleston Virginia, along the beautiful shoreline of Smith Mountain Lake. PBC has a new Senior Pastor, and is experiencing dynamic growth. We are a multi-generational church with contemporary praise and worship led in a way that honors Christ and glorifies God.
The primary responsibility of the Director/Pastor of Worship is to lead the music ministry and assist the Senior Pastor in discipleship ministry at PBC. This person reports directly to the Senior Pastor with support from the Personnel Team. We understand that some applicants will be experienced in this role. Others may have the spiritual gifting for this position, but require further development. Our church leadership is committed to training and equipping any and all who serve on our staff.
JOB ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinate with the Senior Pastor to create and lead engaging worship services.
• Develop worship gifts from within the church body, the local community, and nearby colleges.
• Recruit and develop a worship team, schedule vocalists, prepare for and direct rehearsals, as well as lead the congregation in worship services.
• Evaluate and Oversee AV quality for both in-person and live stream services and communicate regularly with the audio and video technicians as well as the social media team.
• Provide discipleship and fellowship opportunities to all who serve on the worship and AV team.
• Assist in developing discipleship and small groups ministry throughout the church body.
• Perform other duties associated with this role or assigned by the Senior Pastor.
TALENTS AND ABILITIES:
• Strong sense of calling and identity in Christ.
• A person of integrity within his family, church, and community.
• One who seeks the guidance of the Holy Spirit through God’s Word in all things.
• Proficiency in leading worship with a strong vocal ability and (musical instrument preferred).
• Possesses strong leadership, administrative, and organizational skills.
• Dependable and consistent in performing their duties and assignments.
• Must be a Christ-follower and in full agreement with our church’s statement of faith.
• Must be willing and qualified to join the membership of PBC.
Please submit your resume in PDF form, including three references, to the following email address.
• Please use “Attention Worship Leader Search Committee” as the subject line of your email.
• Please include links to any social media platforms to which you post, blog, or post photos.
Thank you for taking time to respond to our need. We are praying for you through this process.