Now Accepting Applications for Summer and Fall 2023:
10-week period anytime between January 1 and April 30
Deadline: November 1
Decision: November 15
10-week period anytime between May 1 and August 30
Deadline: March 1 Extended to March 15
Decision: March 30
10-week period anytime between September 1 and December 31
Deadline: July 1
Decision: July 15
- to strengthen local SBC of Virginia churches
- to equip future leaders in ministry
Requirements for interns:
- Interns must be young adults, at least one year past high school graduation, with a heart for ministry.
- Interns are to develop, lead and/or participate in the ongoing weekly programs of the church throughout their internship.
- Interns are encouraged to develop and multiply leaders that will continue the ministry once the internship is complete.
- Complete applications at the link above by the deadline under the term the church is seeking an intern.
- The grant is a maximum amount of $1,500 (see church requirements below).
- Funds are limited and will be distributed based on the priority of need and are not guaranteed.
- Priority will be given to churches who give to Vision Virginia Mission Offering.
- The grant can be used for an internship serving in any ministry of the local church.
Responsibilities of participating churches:
- If accepted, the church is responsible for finding/interviewing/hiring their interns.
- The church must provide a job description and regular oversight/mentorship of the intern.
- The church is expected to pay $1,000 to the intern, in addition to the grant from the SBC of Virginia.
- The church must provide lodging/host home for the intern.
- The church must reimburse the intern for all ministry-related expenses, including mileage.
Looking for interns?
- Look from within your own church – consider college students, young adults, or those with part-time jobs.
- Seek referrals from local sister churches – see if they have one of the above with a heart for ministry.
Students Seeking Internships
The SBC of Virginia encourages young people who are seeking experience to connect with ministries through an internship. An internship provides an opportunity for growth in experience.
The SBC of Virginia does not place interns, but we encourage you to check with your local church to see if an internship position is available. Perhaps your SBCV church would want to apply for an SBCV grant to help partially fund an internship.